Compromise agreements vary from employer to employer, but many will include :
- A breakdown of the compensation to be paid and how this will be treated for tax purposes
- Agreement that the payment is in settlement of ALL claims arising from your employment and an assurance that you will not pursue legal claims in the future
- keeping the compromise agreement confidential and not making disparaging remarks about the other party
- Other assurances or promises given by you
- An agreed reference, usually only factual.