What am I Entitled to?
Every case is unique. Thats why a specialist solicitor is so important to help investigate , collate and present your claim properly.
The victims legal team is required to prove the loss sustained so keeping receipts and a record of the expense is very useful from the outset. Compensation is broadly speaking intended to both compensate the victim for the pain sustained and to place them back into the position they would have been in "but for" the accident having occured.
We classify damages into broadly speaking two distinct areas;
1) For the Pain, suffering and losses to be incurred. (We call these "General Damages")
2) For the financial loss incurred or quantifiable (we call these "Special Damages") which can include :
- Medical expenses incurred.
- Loss of earnings .
- Care and assistance by others to the victim.
- Adaptations and equipment required to assist the victim live as normal a life as possible.
- Funeral expenses.
- Bereavement Damages.
- Pain,suffering and loss of enjoyment of life.
- Future care costs.
- Future medical expenses.
- Loss of future pension rights.
- Disadvantage on the open labour market.
- Loss of congenial employment.
- Car repair costs and alternative hire.