What to do if you have an Accident

  • Make sure you record any injury in the 'accident book' 
  • If need be, make sure your employer has reported it to the HSE 
  • Check your contract or written statement of employment for information about sick or accident pay
  • If there are health and safety problems at work, point them out to your employer or the employee safety representative, and ask for them to be dealt with
  • If this doesn't happen, call the HSE Infoline on 0845 345 0055 (open 8.00 am to 6.00 pm, Monday to Friday)

If you've been injured in an accident at work and you think your employer is at fault, you may want to make a claim for compensation. We can help.

Either ring us or use the Contact Information page on this web site. We will tell you if we think you have a good claim and whether we are willing to take it on. There is no obligation at that stage. You then tell us if you wish to proceed and at that stage we will formally accept your claim and will write to you confirming and sending full information.