Care Proceedings Solicitors

There are many ways in which the local authority can be involved with children and their families. The local authority can apply to a court asking the court to make a care order which places a child in the care of the designated local authority or under the supervision of a local authority.

Public Funding is available for gaining representation in any of these type of court proceedings.

In other cases it is not always necessary to be involved in court proceedings with the Local Authority. For example where they may take such action to place the child on the child protection register. Parents are entitled to legal representation and assistance to attend at child pr;otection conferences.

Useful weblinks :

A guide to young people in care:
Law Society Children Panel: